Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Love you like a love song

Lately I have felt the need to tell you about my Mr. Byrd.
This going to be a very gushy blog post so...you have been warned. (Mom, no whining!)

So we met almost eight months ago in a local pizzeria I was waitressing at. He had come to town with his baseball team for a tournament which made me get called to work. The minute I walked into that pizzeria I was hit with pick-up lines from every direction. And let me tell you,
he was the worst.
He gave me the ole, "Do your legs hurt? Because you've been running through my mind all day."
And the ole so classic, "Do you have map? Because I think I'm lost in your eyes."
It was cheesy.
Best part?
I dated his friend first :)
His friend (which turned out to be a REAL character;glad that didn't work out)
left me his number on a napkin and seemed really sweet. When we didn't work out, being scandalous me, I sought after Byrd. I just felt that I needed to know him.
We talked for awhile and on July 5, 2012, he asked me to be his gal!

Little over a month later, he helped me through the roughest time of my life. I was battling depression because I was forced to re-locate to a new home where I was more than welcome and loved but it was still difficult for me to say goodbye to my childhood home.

We battled through our first college semester together which was a very difficult obstacle for us. Trial after trial was thrown at us. Some we conquered; others we failed.

Now Byrd and I are in an amazing place. I see him on the weekends because I have no car so I have to find a way to meet him halfway through the help of friends. We spend the weekend together and then part ways for the week. I am without a phone right now as well though we still communicate quite well. 

Needless to say, I love the guy. His blue eyes, his quirky smile, his bad pick up lines. The way he can play with a child all day without complaining once. He usually makes me want to laugh and punch him all at the same time. 
He's my best friend.
He's my pain in the butt.
He's my boyfriend.

So gushy post is over now. You guys can stop throwing up and rolling your eyes :) 
Young love...so disgusting!


Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoice with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love Never Fails.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Believe*

3 comments:

  1. No rolling of the eyes here... young love is the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so that was so adorable!!! I love you both and think you two are just the cutest, Green water tower paint and all :)

    ReplyDelete